Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Paperwork Day and Packing for Guangzhou

Some of our travel mates: Jack, Melonie and baby Kaitlyn

Nancy, Steve and baby Marissa

This is the view from our room on the 31st floor! This was a relatively clear day.

These are the cribs the Dolton Hotel provide....not quite up to our safety standards in the USA. I can put my arm through the bars.

Sweet girl playing in the room

Pretty in every color.

Hi Everybody,

Today was dedicated to completing paperwork for Guangzhou; one spouse went to a meeting room and it took over two hours to complete the paperwork!

We are packing our stuff up for a noon check out. Tomorrow is one week since Aubriana was placed in our arms, and what everyone says is so true, you get the perfect child for you!

We love her so much in just a week, we can't imagine life without her as our daughter.


Next time we check in it will be from Guangzhou and a week closer to coming home.
Love V

9 comments:

Robyn said...

One week from today and we will be meeting you at the airport!!! Can't wait!!!

So I have to ask....which parent went to the paperwork meeting? (HA!HA!)

Love ya and can't wait to see you.

p.s. Avery loved the bday card!!

Anonymous said...

I predict this week will fly by, and you'll wonder at how quickly it all went! She is the perfect child for you and Gary--loved seeing some of the other couples and their babies. She is definitely a special child, and so lucky to be going home with you and G. See you soon! love, auntie M.

Anonymous said...

p.s. thanks so much for downloading these pictures. I know how long it takes and I really appreciate it! One more week and you'll be back on DSL--yippee! m

Anonymous said...

I am not sure how I stumbled onto your blog, but I am glad that I did! She has to be the prettiest baby ever! So sweet! Blessings to you all! We hope to be in that same place in a couple of years!

Linda said...

What a beautiful Baby and you all look so happy. I have been following your journey thru Christie's blog and I think it is so wonderful all you friends are creating your families close together. My daughter is lid 2/17/06 and the wait is so hard. It's helpful to see families being created and know that her time will come soon. Thanks for sharing your journey... Linda

Christie said...

GIRL - can I just tell you how amazingly adorable your daughter is? I actually cried when I read this post, because when you said "We love her so much in just a week, we can't imagine life without her as our daughter" I just burst into tears for you. I had this feeling in my heart that Aubriana would find a piece of your heart and not let go - and it's so amazing to know that she has done just that. She is beautiful and the pictures of the two of you blessed my heart. Truly!

Can't wait to see in you a week! We'll be there!!!

Love you lots,
Auntie C

Kim said...

LOVE the pictures...
SHe is gorgeous... and looks adorable in EVERY color...
Have a Safe flight..

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys can't wait till you come home so we can see your beautiful girl.......

Patty

Anonymous said...

Looking fabulous!! Keep sharing -
we check in everyday for your updates. Counting the days till
you get home.

Teresa & David