Saturday, April 26, 2008

Checking In






Hi Everybody,

It has been a whirlwind 2 days. We went to a group dinner last night at a traditional Chinese Restaurant, our guide pre-ordered everything for us and it was very tasty and very affordable!! The evenings have been very pleasant and cool, and even the heat has been bearable...I'm sure Guangzhou will be much hotter.

Aubriana is getting stopped everywhere we go, the people are very curious and think nothing of touching and even taking your baby from you to hold - quite different from the American perspective of personal space.

I'm happy to oblige, they all seem so charmed by her, and when they read the card we wear around our neck explaining why we have her and our promise to love, educate and provide for her they seem very happy.

I've been yelled at for having her in short sleeves, in the 80's!!! It is all well intentioned but such polar opposite views from our temperature preferences.

Here are some photos from the last couple of days, I hope you enjoy.

Love, Valerie & Gary & Aubriana

9 comments:

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Very cute!

Those clothing police will get you!

Robyn said...

Can't wait to get that adorable little girl in my arms!!!!

Love ya!!!!

Counting the days til ya'll come home!!

Jodi said...

V and G!
She has already changed so much in two days! She is so gorgeous! Y'all were born to be her mommy and daddy!
Love you!
Bryan, Jodi, Brady, Kenzie, Conner J and Jailyn

Jodi said...

V and G!
She has already changed so much in two days! She is so gorgeous! Y'all were born to be her mommy and daddy!
Love you!
Bryan, Jodi, Brady, Kenzie, Conner J and Jailyn

Anonymous said...

I love how she will keep a bow on her head and how her personality is starting to come through. She is so beautiful!!

Thinking of you!
with love,
Your lurker

Karen said...

Valerie -

Congratulations to you and Gary! Aubriana is a beautiful child! Try to hang in there...you'll only have to deal with the CP for a few more days. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Karen (from Precious Pandas)

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to apologize if my comment from yesterday abt. the tone of your blog upset you.

My daughter is adopted from China and this week one of her neighborhood friends was very critically injured while playing out in her yard. This little girl is in ICU clinging to life and they are not sure if she'll make it and if she does, will she have brain damage. So I think your comments just really hit me the wrong way in light of this tragic life and death situation (however I was concerned for you about the insulin thing b/c my dad is a diabetic and I know how important that is). Life is precious and children are precious. I know from experience how grueling the trip to China can be. But it's so worth all the trouble.

Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL and I hope the rest of your trip is calm. I too am a GW mom and I heard of your blog from another GW mom. Please say a little prayer for my daughter's friend if you think of it. She needs everyone's prayers.

industrialpoppy said...

She is absolutely beautiful-congratulations!

Lesa said...

She is just absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Man oh man what a Gotcha Day.
Congratulations!!!