Monday, April 28, 2008

Embroidery Factory & Hunan University

Daddy & his princess!
This is our guide, Grace, she is so sweet, and we always sit in the same spot up front with her, so she knows Aubriana very well.
Cutie pie baby girl!!!
Changsha is known for embroidery, these samples illustrate the artistry of their work. There are no knots visible, and it looks like a painting.
Aubriana got a lot of attention again at the University Of Hunan, this was a girl showing us some amazing art work using sand.
We were stopped three times today with Chinese families with little boys who wanted to see Aubriana, I'm not sure, but I think we may have agreed to an arranged marriage at least once today!

The tiger and panda are one one and the same piece of silk, you can not tell from either side that the other image is on the reverse.

University Of Hunan - over 1000 years old.



Even though white is a color worn for mourning, it is becoming very vogue for brides to dress in Western Wedding Attire, I thought this young woman was lovely and there were two couples taking pictures at the University today.





Blogger is taking forever to load and post, so I will try to add some more pictures in a different post.



We sure miss everyone back home - Shout out to my M-3 Girls, I can't wait to see you all.



Love V

11 comments:

Betsy said...

Love to you Aubriana. What a lucky girl you are!!! Valerie - she is beautiful. I am in awe of your happiness - it radiates right through the computer!!! Hugs to everyone from me and my Ella! A trip to TX will definitely be in order!!!! xoxoxxo

Christie said...

I MISS YOU TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm still in Cali and flying home today - whew! Once I get home, I'm gonna try and get caught up on all the posts I've missed from our crew!

Aubriana is so beautiful and adorable - I just want to kiss those cheeks. I can't wait for you to come home - it looks like you're having a very good time of bonding with her. She's so precious V!

Yee haw...expanding the troupe!

Love you,
C

Robyn said...

Keep the pictures coming!!!! I can't wait for our girls to sit side-by-side in their matching Carter's outfits (yes, I noticed!)

Ya'll look amazing!!! Glad you are getting out and seeing the sites!

Can't wait to welcome you home!!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

You guys are busy and I love that
you are taking on a celebrity status!!

It was great talking to you on the phone - but I am ready for you to get home!!

We miss you!

Lori said...

Congrats on getting your little one. You guys look so happy!! We're watching knowing out time is coming. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Hugs,
Lori H (a fellow Precious Panda)
LID: Feb 16 2006

Lori said...

Congrats on getting your little one. You guys look so happy!! We're watching knowing out time is coming. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Hugs,
Lori H (a fellow Precious Panda)
LID: Feb 16 2006

Anonymous said...

wow--these are the best pictures yet!! She is such a doll..and you and Gary look positively radiant!! Uncle Steve wants to know if you are still sleeping on a rock?! Love ya, Auntie M

Erin said...

We miss you so much!!!! We can't wait to see you next Thursday. You look like you are having such a great time. Enjoy it and love on Aubriana for us!

We love you! BE&M (and R&L, too!)

Mikel Salsgiver said...

Congrats on Gotcha Day. Your daughter is beautiful. Are you staying at the Dolton? That's were we stayed when we were united with Sarah last year in Changsha. I hope things get smoother.

Craig, Mikel and Sarah Salsgiver

Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie,

Your little Aubrianna is too cute! I did not realize Grace was your guide on this leg. We just loved her. Do tell her I said hello. Enjoy the remainder of your trip. I am checking frequently for updates on your blog.

Momma Martha

Kelley said...

What wonderful sweet memories for me to see your photos! We miss you too and can't wait till y'all are back home!

Love,
K.