Monday, August 2, 2010

Hi and By July

I could have sworn I just saw July fly by here a second ago.  Did you see it?  I vaguely remember the 4th of July, a reunion of our China Travel Mates, Lil Dude's birthday, followed by my birthday, followed by Aubriana and Gary's birthdays together. 

There were pool outings, and water slide days and many cakes and candles and presents and suddenly the calendar says it is August.  The official winding down month of summer, where the thermometer tests it's limits on how high it can reach.  I shockingly noted in June, the half way mark between last Christmas and this next Christmas.

Time seems to be in a hurry to create tomorrow before I can register today, and so it goes.  My "babies" are now 3 and we took their annual photos; gone are the days of placing them on a prop and them staying until the photo is done.  These older models, have a mind of their own and the two individuals are rarely on the same track at one time.

Fleeting, that is what childhood is, and never more clear is it to me than when the new photos take their proper place next to their predecessor's.  When did his hairline fill in?  Wasn't her face rounder last year?How did they get so big so soon?  I just want to hit pause for a moment,  and take it in, but time will not pause for anyone, and that is why we capture them on film, to pause at least that moment in time to keep it as best we can, because time is in a hurry to create tomorrow and today is already yesterday.

Goodbye July,













I

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Ohhh so sweet!!! We've missed you too!!!
I need your help for a project!
We need a 4x6 drawing/coloring done by your 2 little artists! I'll email or call you later to fill you in on more!

Wanda said...

Well said sweet thing! If you ever do catch the pause button - tell me where it is. My head spins with the speed of time.

These photos are just precious. There's something to be said for an outsider taking the pictures. I don't know....maybe it's called respect (or is it fear?).

And Happy Birthday to you all. Sounds like you all celebrated the right way!

xoxox

Dita said...

Well, its ABOUT time you caught us up, ValPal!

First, I really like reading the new blog (even though the text has been few and far between!)its so...well, so lovely.

When I read about your July I had to sit down. I was exhausted! I can't believe all of your birthdays are in July. Well that makes for a very sparse cake eating situation for the rest of the year. I think you should celebrate twice a year and stagger them out a bit!

You are so right...until confronted with the photos to prove it, we don't always realize how quickly the time is flying by.
These shots of your two beauties just make me smile. I remember them last year at the piano and I am amazed at how big they've gotten. Aubriana's face has matured and your Lil' Dude...well, I don't think we can can call him Lil anymore. He is one force to be reckoned with.
I can see the adorable personalities in both of them and the pictures of them together just warm my heart...the love is very clear.

And the love you have for them...well, as ever, it jumps right off the page.

Come 'round and post more often, Val. You are such a great writer and you are missed around Bloggerville.

Have I told you lately that I love you dearly?
I do.

xoxoxoxo
Dita Darling

liasmomma said...

Your kids are DARLING!!

Christie said...

I could have sworn I wrote a big long comment...and then blogger deleted it and told me error. Oh yes. It did.

Let's sum it up with this: I love you and I love those kiddies. To the moon...and all the way back...

xoxoxo

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Hi Val,

Summer is just flying right by.....but it sounds like y'all have been having fun and keeping busy!

The kids are absolutely ADORABLE! Yes, gone are the days where they actually sit still for photos..... now you have to be quick with the camera and ready to chase:)

Thanks for the sweet note.... Just before I went to bed, I had joined the yahoo group for Chenzhou...still awaiting acceptance, but I can't wait to talk to others who have gone and can share experiences....and maybe some photos:) Feel free to email me with any info that you think might be helpful or anything that you want to share lisamuth@hotmail.com

Have a wonderful week Val!

xo,

Lisa

PS. The blog looks beautiful