Thursday, January 15, 2009

How did THIS get in my Family Room????

I have stated in the past how I have struggled to adjust (with grace and understanding) the accrual of so many toys which come with the co-habitation of children.

We have transitioned through the freestanding swing, exersaucers, rainbow rubber mat/rug, changing tables (up and downstairs), diaper champs, blow up pool with hundreds of plastic balls in the foyer, and even the 10 foot long club house which was allowed in the game room while we eagerly waited for cooler weather to free up that space, I knew this phase would eventually pass and be replaced by different styles and shapes of toys.

In fact with the arrival of Santa, we now have re-arranged and welcomed a deluxe walk-in kitchen in our real kitchen, two tricycles in the entry way and more toys than were ever needed, requiring the purchase of two more plastic bins to contain them; and I was basically at peace with this.

Then we had the arrival of something I never thought would be near my home, let alone IN it...


The dreaded ~ bounce house!!!!!


Whoa, the floor is sagging like an overnight diaper.


Stand absolutely still, I think this thing is broken.


Exhausted, strangely satisfied and ready to go again.


For those of you unfamiliar with my "Bounce House Bias" and perfectly legitimate phobia of all things inflated please read this before thou doest cast judgement.

7 comments:

Kelley said...

I'm not sure when I'm going to get over the shock of a bounce house in your family room... A perfect energy burner though during these chilly days!

Have fun!

Eloise said...

Sorry to get a chuckle at your expense, but the picture of that bounce in the midst of your beautiful, elegant home absolutely cracked me up! But what a wonderful, prominent sign of the joyful presence of children in your home at last!

Jodi said...

I'm so proud of you!!! Not only have you gracefully put away any beautiful nicknacks - but you have overcome your fear of bounce houses! :) What lucky kids!!! Soo fun!
At first I thought Jailyn and Jorja would be too big to come play, but then I thought - no, Kaiden outweighs them. :)
Beautiful family!!!
Love you!!!!

Tena said...

Loving that! So proud of you!

Robyn said...

I can't freakin' believe it!!!! YOU with a bouncehouse....miracles do happen! Thanks for taking me down memory lane again to revisit our bounce house escapades!! Avery definitely needs a playdate soon!


Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

You are officially ready to be put in a round rubber room...the men in white coats are coming to take you away! :)
Teresa

Stacey said...

This is to funny! Bet they sleep good now.