Friday, June 22, 2007

Now Appearing On A Need To Know Basis

Hello, testing 1 - 2 -3; is this thing on?

Allow me to introduce myself, I answer to many names; Lady Enchantment, Your Highness, Chief, Witchy Poo, they are too numerous to put down here all at once but take my word for it the list is long and varied; for simplicity's sake, you may call me Valerie.

My arrival here has been a long and debated time in coming. You see I come from: http://2china4love.spaces.live.com/ a land where I started my blogging life and where I was comfortable and seemingly unaware of the apparent deficits associated with my comfortable home domain.

I had suspicions of course; I had been blogging for well over a year when the obvious lack of comments/responses to the ratio of visitors became a thorn in my proverbial paw.

Let's face it people, none of us do this for our health; we put it out there trying to engage the masses via words of honesty, intimacy, sarcasm, secrets revealed, humor you name it and I've tried it. Hours spent weaving a tale that would hold the audience's rapt attention all in exchange for the applause of cyber space the ever elusive "comment" a bit of praise or recognition for a job well done.

I don't want to say I'm needy; but I do have needs and they are plentiful.

I have logged over ten thousand visitors and if I bothered to tally the comments in that time; I am embarrassed to say they would add up in the several dozens at best.

When I cry out in vain, "No fair!" I hear the following as a sad excuse for why: "It is too much trouble to sign into spaces. I don't want to get "spam".

A few strokes on the keyboard to validate a fellow human being; tsk tsk people.

I held out a long time; truly I did. I ventured onto "Blogger" several times; spent hours trying to make sense of the codes and rules and all for not - I always returned home to the welcome arms of http://2china4love.spaces.live.com/. (Where everybody knew my name (although chose not to acknowledge it out loud).

Well, I am waiving the white flag with big orange B across the front. I signed up for blogger welfare, and my friend Christie helped to set up a page for me (it's humble - but I have big plans for the future). I am not going to abandon my old friend @ http://2china4love.spaces.live.com/
as you never know if things will actually be greener on this side of the pasture.

She actually approached it like a drug dealer: "Psst, I hear you want comments. You want comments I can get you comments and lots of them and the good kind too."
Me: "You can, really, but I've never had those before...I heard they are really good, but you can get addicted to them!"
Her: "What?! No, they're good for you, you'll feel so good after you have your first one...you won't want them to ever stop!"
Me: "Well, OK, what do I need to do?"

I invite you to go back and get to know me via stored posts at my old haunt http://2china4love.spaces.live.com/ and leave the ever elusive comment for me here as I wouldn't want you to be inconvenienced by too many strokes on the keyboard - whatever you do don't strain anything.

I hope we'll be very happy together - I'll try to give you what you want and I hope in return I receive positive feedback to give me the encouragement to keep on going.

I'll just be sitting here and observing - no pressure!









6 comments:

Christie said...

Drug Dealer? Come on! Seriously?!?!

Ok, maybe a little...

And it's not soooo humble...I thought it was nice

Robyn said...

Welcome to the dark side!!! I will have to do a special post just to solicit comments for you.

And hey, where's the love? I commented at least 4 times on the old blog.

Love ya girl and hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the land of Blogger! See you guys tonight!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making it easier for your lurker to post! Love the new look. Now, you need to post a lot more often.

love,
your lurker

Laura said...

Hi!

Heard about your blog from your post on our agency yahoo group (we are with the same one, obviously!)!

I will be going back to read your previous blog!

Even though 17 months (& counting) is a long wait, you are almost there! Yea! It just gets better from here!

Laura
Fellow adoptive mom
Gotcha day 9-18-2006

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! Glad to know about your blog and it looks great.

Cynthia
www.texas-twosome.blogspot.com
LID 10/28/05
Gotcha day 10/30/06
DD Fu, Jia Rui-SN
aka Sara-10