Saturday, February 14, 2009

Attention All Moms!

Plese take a moment to think of yourself and what you need. I know how hard it is to take the time to care for you, but it truly is a gift you give to your family with interest.

I have been literally sick since Thanksgiving, we have all had it around here and for some reason what is a runny nose and cough the kids is much harder for me. Case in point on Thursday night I started to feel horrible again, soar throat, chills, aches and extrememe pain in my upper back and left ribs - it was awful. I finally told G to call 911 and they came out and checked out my blood pressure, temp, heart rate etc. which were elevated. They offered to take me to the ER, but I politely declind and then went on to spend the longest and most painful night of my life alone in a chair. There was no relief for even a moment, and I started to get panicky since it was so hard to breathe.

The next day I had thought I would go my regular Dr. to find out what the problems was when I was racked with coughing which felt like getting hit with a sledgehammer and noticed the sink was filled with blood.

I knew this was serious, so and I decided to go directly to the ER and after being there for many hours, 7 SEVEN sticks to start an IV, tests, two bags of IV antibiotics and wonderful pain medicine I was diagnosed with Pneumonia. They chose to let me recuperate at home, becuase apparently people do better at home with oral antibiotics. I don't know about that, today was more of the same pain and any coughing is excruciating and I am so scared the babies will get this too. If I'm not feeling any better by tomorrow they want me to come back for more IV meds and both of my arms are covered in bruises and sore from all of the sticks.

I encourage everyone who is so used to trying to do it all to invest some time in your own health and well being, you and your family will thank you for it.

V

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Valerie,

Do take care of yourself, and see the doctor again. I will be praying for your complete recovery.

Momma Martha

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, Valerie. I'm so sorry! Please call me if you need anything at all. I'm just up the road. And I'm praying for you...

Love you!

Jodi said...

girl - you know I would be over in a heart beat - but I have been sick too and don't want to get y'all any sicker! Is there anything I can leave at your door step? :)
Love you babe! Stay away from the babies! Love them from a far!

Great advice - easier said then done!

Love ya!
Jodi Sue :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! I hope that you are starting to feel better. I'm thinking about you!

Shelli

Diana said...

I hope you are feeling better soon!! Take it easy..I know..easier said then done:)

Eloise said...

Oh, Valerie, I am so sorry to hear about how sick you have been! My husband had pneumonia back when he was a teenage and he still remembers how terrible it was. He told me not only did he feel like he was going to die, he WISHED he would die so he could stop feeling so awful.

I hope you are feeling better. Know that I'm thinking of you.

Tena said...

Hoping you're feeling better by now!