Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Little One Year Olds ~

Today was another day of professional photos for the wee ones, this is the first time we had their pictures done together. It is a lot harder to wrangle moving babies with growing individual personalities then when they were pre-crawling proto-plasmic infants; my hat is off to photographers everywhere.

The beach scenes were done in the mall window and I think this was distracting, particularly to Lil Dude, who unleashed a love of the lime-light heretofore only reserved for the likes of Paris Hilton, Madonna, and Britney Spears. He was definitely "ready for his close up".

Speaking of Lil Dude, he has a new talent....how do I put this delicately...he has "found himself" and not in the spiritual sense so much as the physical sense.

I knew this day was coming...it seems to be a point of fascination for all of the male species...but he is so young and innocent in my eyes.

Needless to say this has become a new "NO TOUCH" zone in my home and elicits the same sign language and voice commands to stop unwanted behaviors, like pulling the bone out of the dog's mouth and playing with electrical wires.

I know it is like telling the wind to stop; but for now, I will continue to redirect as much as possible and offer every primary colored toy, array of electronic doo dads and large amounts of cash and candy to preserve his innocence and distract him from his new "friend" as long as I can!

Sigh, I thought he was different than the other boys.

Enjoy the pictures!

V



This is no way to travel, I flew home from China in Business Class.


The people in the mall like us....they really, really like us!


If we put our heads together, we could figure out a way to ride the waves on this ridiculous thing.


This guy is a glory hog, I can't work under these conditions!

12 comments:

Robyn said...

OMG Val.....those are FABULOUS!!! I swear both your kids are so photogenic! I have to have some copies!!!

Love ya!

Jodi said...

What beautiful one year olds! They are both so adorable! Y'all are such good parents!

Just wait for Lil' Dude to potty train! That is really fun with a boy! :)

Love y'all!
Jodi Sue :)

Christie said...

Whahoo! Cutie patooties and Auntie C needs a couple of those for my fridge - so hook a sistah up on the 26th, will ya?

LOVE YOU!
cb

The Fab 5 said...

Oh my goodness are they cute or what. I had to laugh my first son had the same "friend". I will say it kept him quiet on long car rides! Believe me he will stop, not as soon as you want but they do stop!! Too funny thanks for the pics and cute story of little dude!

Erin said...

I absolutely have to have a copy of the first one! Your kids are so beautiful and Lil Dude - what a ham! Aubriana is just gorgeous. I love, love, love them!

I know you are disturbed by Lil Dude's new discovery but oh my goodness, that was so funny! You make everything funny.

Love you! Auntie E

Diana said...

Those pictures are ADORABLE!!!
They both are just to cute..

When my oldest was little (he is now 15) my sister who has 2 girls said what do you call "it"..my dad said his best friend!!! You took his diaper off and he could not wait to get "it" :)

AG'smoma said...

Too cute! I love how Aubrianna has her leg crossed in the last picture!

Unknown said...

WONDERFUL PHOTOS! Your kiddos are just precious. I hear ya on the boy thing...wait until he is 2.5 takes off his diaper and decides to "poop like doggy"

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh those photos are fab. How precious!!!
Norah

Lesa said...

They are the cutest siblings I've seen in a long time. My oh my you have your hands full. Too funny a story. I guess that is why my husband wants girls. ha He must know something....huh?
Precious is the word for these photos!!
I can't wait for our referral and see my two together finally. They will be about 5 1/2 years apart at this rate of the waiting game... who knows maybe more. gee.

Have fun with those two!!

Anonymous said...

Your children are absolutely adorable...they're growing up so fast! I can't believe it!

Gail said...

Clicked on your blog from Jan 2006 post.

Your babies are beautiful!
OMG! You are a busy mommy!..and daddy!
I'm still chuckling on how darn cute they are.

I find it busy with a 7yo and 10 month old!
I give you a round of applause!
Well Done Momma!