Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Raising my head to say hello....

Aubriana, and her big brother "Lil Dude"

A picture 3 years in the making!


American Consulate Day

I knew buying this outfit 3 years ago would pay off some day!

Hey Everyone,





I know I kind of left everyone hanging on how the trip ended et al; kind of like when you are watching an episode of a show and it is interrupted for a news update.





Let me pick up where I left off we went to the American Consulate and as a group we were sworn in. The American Consulate is simply a floor in an office building, it is nothing extraordinary.





The flight home was LONG and Aubriana was amazing not a peep out of her during the entire 26 hours of travel time!





I did have a panic attack on the last leg of the flight from San Francisco. No sleep, non-stop travel and the seats I had reserved before we left China were somehow no saved, resulting in me sitting in a window seat and Gary in the middle with the baby....not a good position for me, I totally freaked out and had to get up and stand in the aisle. I asked the poor man coming towards me to switch seats and give me the aisle, he was such a gentleman and that is the only reason I stayed on the plane, otherwise I would be living in a studio apartment in San Francisco right now.





Thankful Moment: We were standing in immigration in San Francisco, and I was overwhelmed with emotion at being home in the States I started to tear up and when looked at Gary his eyes were moist too. We really appreciate home so much; the cleanliness, the structure and order of things....we are so lucky to live where we do.





We were so excited to see friends and family at the airport to greet us when we touched down we all went out to a hamburger joint to visit and food never tasted so good.





Aubriana has adjusted amazingly well. The first night she woke up around 1:00 am, took a bottle, played and was back asleep by 2:00 am. The second night same thing only she woke up at 4:00 am and went down at 5:00; she has slept through the night ever since.





The biggest news is how well she is adjusting to her "virtual twin" aka Lil Dude; they are 30 days apart and really like each other. I'll post more about that later.





I am going to add some pictures from the last part of the journey, I want to try to document events as time permits; but with two babies under a year...time doesn't really permit.





Thank you for all of your support during our Journey.





Love Valerie

7 comments:

Erin said...

I hope you know how much I just love you, Gary and your babies. And seeing you get off that plane and watching you now with both of them....I couldn't be more excited and happy for you.

Now, it's my turn! :-)

Love you!

Jodi said...

yea!!! so glad to hear from you here! Beautiful photos!
Love y'all!
jodi sue :)

Eloise said...

Hooray! You're back! I'm so glad to have an update on your family after you returned home. Did I miss something, though, about the arrival of Li'l Dude?! He's awfully cute. Please fill us in on his story! Miss Aubriana, by the way, is prettier than ever. Her new home and family obviously agree with her.

Unknown said...

You have the most beautiful family...they looks just adorable together. What a blessing for each of them to have the other.

Doreen said...

WOW am I glad to hear from you!!!! Welcome home and please keep us updated.
Doreen in Montreal Mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan

Diana said...

Found your blog off of another and read your story while in China..I have actually forwarded your blog to others as the JUMP post made me LAUGH:) That would be me laying in the corner laughing.
Congratulations on your 2 (cannot wait to hear the story) BEAUTIFUL babies!!!
EnJoY!!!!

Sheri_n_Ben said...

Valerie,
Congratulations!! Wow, I had followed your blog in China...and before...but it had been a while since I had looked. It was just you, your dh and your doggie! I had NO idea you had gotten a son too!! Shoot, as strict as China is, I didn't even know that was possible!! lol
Wow, you are going to be BUSY!!

So happy for you and your family.
We hope to get our dd in August or Sept. She is 20 mos old in Fuzhou.

Sheri W. (Leilah Di's Mommy)

journeytoleilahgrace.blogspot.com
(from the N.Texas family listserve)