Friday, September 18, 2009

I like you, I really like you!

The last day of summer, and I felt like "ruffles"

The Little Mermaid really is too "little" and this was her swan song.


When I visualised being a mother, I knew I would "love" my children. What I didn't fully comprehend was the power that love would have over me. It is an all consuming energy that is with you every second you are alive from the time you first touch them.

My children are in my thoughts every moment I am awake and even invade my dreams at night. I wonder if they are warm enough, hungry, safe, comfortable, bored, happy, sad, mad, do they feel loved?

This has to be what all parents feel, what I didn't expect was how much I would genuinely like them as people.

I have to say that in Lil Dude, I have found a kindred spirit that feels like we were cut from the same cloth. At the advanced age of 27 months old, I see a natural charm, sensitivity, empathy, and devilish sense of humor all bubbling to the surface.

We already have inside jokes with one another; he was up in the tower of a play area at McDonalds and was banging on the window to get my attention, then he proceeded to re-enact scenes from some of his favorite shows ala charades and I mimic it back to him and we both crack up.

I am head over heels for this boy, he is my little man.

My little empress is a different personality from me, but she fascinates me just the same. She possess' a fine mind and wants to analyze and figure things out. She wants to be in control of everything only to then use that control to take care of everyone around her. She still wants to be a "baby" and when her guard is down, she wants to be held and stroked and whispered to with loving words.

Someone really should warn you before you have kids, that there is no love to compare it to, just brace yourself to be overwhelmed with the feelings that encircle you and actually change you into a different person than who you started out to be.

It is a good thing...but somebody really should warn you.

2 comments:

Christie said...

I love this post, because just today as I held my limp and lethargic baby boy - nursing his fever and runny nose...all I could think was "me instead, Lord...me instead".

He is the center of my world and I guess no one saw it coming less than me.

Just the beat of my heart...through and through

Thank God for him

Dita said...

V...I almost died laughing when I saw Lil' Dude in that little ruffled ensemble today. Actually, he looks quite comfy. I always say only REAL men wear pink.

Dare I ask where his father was? Did you tie him up and stuff a sock in his mouth as you dressed your son for the swimsuit competition?

I must say that WonderBoy STILL wears my high heels at 10 years old...and, sadly, they not only now completely fit him but they always look sooooo much better on him than they do on me!

Your children are so incredibly gorgeous. I LOVE your posts and I really love looking at those two.

Yep, there should be a warning on them like the ones that come on mattresses and pillows, don't you think?

Totally in love with two kids over here too!

xoxoxo
Dita