Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Trick or Treat 2010 ~ a little of both.

What a differance a year makes, last Halloween, the kids were in awe that when you knocked on a door, people answered, the dress up and candy were background information.  Their joy came from people greeting them with a smile and wishing them a good time on their journey.  This year, we recognized characters from movies and books whom we could emmulate and that Halloween was a time to be out with other children in similar dress and candy, delicious elixir of wonder, was to be had at all houses illuminated with lights and pumpkins glowing on porches.


We kicked off the weekend with a Halloween Party at school. It's plain to see, this knight adores
his princess.


This is no damsel in distress, this Beauty can take care of herself.


Definitely my knight in shining armor.
  

The next generation - looking good.

It all looks so good.....


Got to love a kid who will leave his "helmet" on all day at school.



All for one, one for all!
Long Live Cupcakes!

Costume Change #2 ~ Yes, we were Dorothy and the Scarecrow last year, but Mom needed
to re-live the cuteness one more time (I have a feeling  I won't be choosing the costumes next year)

 
Somebody give me a spoon so I can eat them up.


Toto, I don't think we're in Changsha anymore.




Free breakfast at the local diner for all kids in costume.  Is it wrong to say
this pirate is smoking hot and too sexy for his daggar?

My babies are in the final transition before becoming full fledged "kids". Bittersweet to see how independently they could maneuver from home to home, while I waited behind, no longer required to be at the door with them.   My only usefulness this night to warn them to stay off of the lawns and shout for them to say thank you at every stop.  Soon, they won't need me even to guide them through the neighborhood.  While their joy was obvious, and their enthusiasm contagious, the trick is that this 3rd Halloween together leaves but a few more remaining where we will travel as a family group, and with each passing Halloween  my role will be smaller until I am but a shadow in the night.  Now that is a Scary thought !

Hoping your holiday was Bootiful too.

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Here's a thought. You could dress up as something fabulous and go out with them instead of waiting at the curb. Saw lots of bigger folks doing that this year. May give it a try myself next year too.

I must say your princess and knight are spoonalishious. I'll take a helping too.

Got quite a giggle at your comment today. Even answered you too.

Sending hugs!
W

Christie said...

Having been there...I can attest. Delicious. All of them!

Love you...

Dita said...

Now THIS is MY KINDA POST....a) that there was a post at all and b) that it was chock full o' the two most adorable kids west of the Mississippi! Damn those two get more scrumptous with time (which I didn't think possible).

The costumes (all of them!) were fabulous. I cannot believe the little man kept his helmet on during the whole school day...he's something.

(that daycare looks awesome by the way...I wanna go there!)

You are too funny with last year's costumes...I do the SAME thing. Its a Mommy Can't Let Go thing, for sure...I have it bad too!

The beautiful Changsha princess sure ain't in China anymore with all the Texan Drawl 'round those parts....and that pirate just shivered me timbers...what a cutie.

Thanks for posting and for getting me my fix for photos of those kids...it'll only keep me a few days thought so you'd better get your camera out again, PALEEEZZZ!

xoxoxo
Dita