Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Do you believe in Fairies?

A beautiful fairy princess visited me this evening.  She had shiney dark hair adorned with pink ribbons, a crystal encrusted pink tutu, feathered high heel shoes, (which she politely removed out of respect for my no shoes on the bed policy) and a silver magic wand, I required no further proof.



I've spotted her before, but she is shy and very quick to fly away.  Tonight, for the first time she seemed interested in lingering and letting me enjoy her company.



Every Fairy has a story and a special talent to share with us.  This fairy had many sad circumstances to overcome, she was shy and hesitant to trust people, and easily slipped into her safe place if people came too close.


She has been trying very hard to learn to trust and open up to people and let her inner beauty shine through.


Little by little, day by day, she has let her guard down.  She is beginning to understand that hope is all around her and she is encircled by love and devotion.  She is letting herself bloom to those around her.



But now that she has earned her wings, she is ready to take off and soar towards all of life's greatest possibilities.


Her hard work and dedication to overcome her hard beginnings, is rewarded with her ability to share her gift with all whom she encounters, her Fairy Talent is that of compassion and understanding and the willingness to share that with others.


This is her F.I.T (Fairy in Training), he is a hot mess, but she is willing to take on the challenge.

Training him properly will be an uphill battle, and it is sobering to think about.


But she is optimistic, despite him being a "GLORY HOG",  that she can transition another Fairy to shine their special light onto this world.

The moral of this tale is a simple one;

The greatest lesson you will ever learn; is just to love and be loved in return."

9 comments:

Christie said...

I totally get it. Sweet girl...blooming a little at a time and still making sure she's safe...

But I must confess, I laughed out loud with the FIT reference to Mr. Teddy and the "hot mess". OUT LOUD. So funny...I love you!

AG'smoma said...

She is so precious, Valerie! I love seeing her beautiful smile more and more on the blog! Can't wait to see you guys again!

hugs
Cris

Wanda said...

Do I believe in fairies? Not only do I believe in them - I can recognize one when I see her too.

And something else.....the one in this post looks a lot like you too. (Am I the first to tell you that?)

How wonderful that you can watch this sweet "flower" fairy bloom before your eyes. And with a side-kick to boot!

Great post Valerie. And sweet, sweet pictures. Your kids are more than adorable.

Hope you're doing OK.

xoxo

Dita said...

You had my eyes welling up with your words and the pictures of your gorgeous fairy...and then, just when I was reaching for my tissues...I see FIT in his red tutu complete with hair ribbons and I just lost it. LOST IT!
How he is going to rebel big time...I can see it now. He better not show up on Ru Paul's Drag Queens one day!

Val, I love the pictures of your Fairy Princess..so delicate and dainty..ready to play with Mommy.

(I am chanting now) More, More, MORE...MORE...I want MORE pictures More often...and you KNOW I always get what I want!!!

xoxoxoxo
Dita Darling

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Sounds like your beautiful fairy has come so far!! I loved this post....... your words always blow me away, but pair that with the sweetness of these two little fairies.....OH MY!!! These pictures will definitely be black mail material when your "Fairy In Training" grows up! ADORABLE!!

xo,

Lisa

Unspoken said...

Ohhhh Myyy GOSH! These two ARE adorable! So precious, I know you can hardly take it :).

Ruby's Fairy Godmother said...

Valerie,
I had to stop by tonight to say HI! Of course I read the post and loved it...especially little dude in the red tutu...what a rebel!!
I am so excited to have "run into you" today! What an incredible surprise! So cool to put the pieces together and figure out that I was talking to "the Valerie"...like a light bulb being turned on...how cool! Thank so much for being so nice and visiting with me, even tho your little fairy was needing her ice cream, and who could blame her...I mean...Ice Cream...I totally get it...
You are as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside....and it was a pleasure meeting you!
Norah

Mimi said...

"Little by little, day by day, she has let her guard down".
Valerie, this is so lovely to read, and yet sad to think that she needed such a guard at such a young age.
But within your loving family, she is blossoming.
Love the little fairy outfit, and the bare feet complete it!

Unspoken said...

Checking in... Hope all is well.

xx